What to Bring to Your Coffee Visit.
Get the basics down for face to face visits are a must. Mistakes with the mechanics of having donor visits can cause unwanted stress and strain. This video series takes you step by step through the main stages of conducting a fundraising visit over coffee. This is based on my experience with hundreds of donor visits and my mentorship by a seasoned fundraiser who spent 40 years meeting with thousands of donors.
- Donor Folder - Think about what you want them to take with them.
- MGO Folder - Bring donor forms and backup information
- Bring pen and paper
- Draw Notes to Answer their questions
- Have a conversation together about situations. This reinforces you are in this together.
- Have a few things for them to consider. Don’t overwhelm them.
- Keep it casual. You are working together to solve the problem